Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Infinity PanOceaniac Fusiliers

Infinity PanO Fusiliers
Infinity PanO Fusiliers, a photo by The Gonk on Flickr.
A couple of guys in the game group were talking about starting Infinity up. What the hey, I already have plenty of the figures, so after seven some-odd years, I have started painting them up. Here is a photo of the first three. I see now that I didn't finish highlighting the blues on the two men. Naturally. They are based temporarily on the regular bases. I'd like to do something more interesting, although I'm not sure what. I also think I'd like something more hefty, as many of the figures will be quite fragile and I'd like the base to strike the floor first when I drop them!

7 comments:

  1. They look great, sounds like you guys are having a blast with the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we haven't actually done much with the game yet, although it does look to be a lot of fun. With the rules and army lists all available online for free, no reason not to give the rules a try.

      Delete
  2. Look awesome my friend. How do they look standing next to 28mm ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are appropriately heroic in height, although much more realistically proportioned. See here:

      http://littleleadheroes.blogspot.com/2005/12/infinity-and-jc-figures-size.html

      http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/349180.page

      There are some very fiddly bits...I'm going to have to buy an extremely small bit, as in <1/16", and try and pin some of these tiny fins and veins on. These were the only single part figures I had, which is why I started with them!

      Delete
  3. Having seen these in person they look even better, which is saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You missed a highlight, I would have never known. I have finally admitted to myself that I'll never be a mini painter. Gotta pick our battles... Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is not my usual level of painting. They're really nice figures and I'm not painting that many, so I spent more time on them.

      Delete