Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Circling, Waiting for H+1

Loaded LCVPs
15mm Landing Craft, a photo by The Gonk on Flickr.
All six LCVPs are finished. I initially wasn't going to bother painting the loaded troops. They're totally unnecessary, more stuff to paint, yada yada yada. Yet as I looked over my LCVPs and LCT, I just decided they were too cool not to go all the way on. So, I've got the first two boat loads finished. They're sloppy but effective. The rear one still has wet glue, but has since dried and been painted.

Oh, and by the way, remember me complaining about no LCT Mk.5 pictures? I was looking through Spearheading D-Day with Number One Son, and found no less than TWO overhead shots of a Mk.5, one loaded with two Priests and a bunch of non-combat vehicles, and the other empty. I still think the initial LCTs were LCT(A)s, though-- extra armor and only room for three Shermans, instead of five.

Loaded LCVPs

4 comments: