Monday, December 27, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like D-Day


Christmas Gifts
Originally uploaded by The Gonk
I hope everybody had a great Christmas! Ours was great. With three kids and a dog, it was quite a spectacle around our house. But, now all the kids' toys have been played with, the Christmas turkey has been finally devoured, and it's back to work for me. I did manage to receive a nice little hobby-related Christmas this year. Mostly because I ordered it myself! I got some of the new Flames of War Battle for France items-- the D-Day slipcase books, the 29th Assault Company, and the LCVP set. Kind of special purpose, but I've been considering getting D-Day landing stuff for a while, and when the 29th was re-released, I thought there probably wasn't a better way to do it. My wife also got a few books off my Amazon wish list-- Company Commander, a book I've considered an oversight not to have read yet for some time, and the controversial yet popular Forgotten Soldier. I'm already about halfway through Company Commander.

3 comments:

  1. In backwards fashion, instead of reading the book Forgotten Soldier I'll wait for the movie...Starship Troopers style!

    Glad you guys had a good Christmas, we did too but I'm glad it's over, it'd be nice to get back on a regular schedule, especially gaming, ahem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love COmpany Commander Andy. That is one of my favorite WWII books.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to figure out rules for having the company commander censoring mail!

    ReplyDelete