Monday, November 29, 2010

Burn, baby, burn!


Roving
Wool Roving
Originally uploaded by The Gonk

So I picked up some Felt Works Roving at a Hobby Lobby while on vacation. It's apparently used for some sort of needle felt whatever. Being actual wool, it's obviously not the same stuff as Battlefront's Smoke and Flames, but it's pretty close. I balled up some red and orange roving and piled some black on top, stuck a flasher underneath it, and got a pretty cool little burning vehicle marker!





I'm not sure exactly how I'll make them for production. I'll probably try to mix the red and orange roving better, maybe include some yellow, and try to grey up the smoke furthest up the column.

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Red/Yellow is a great combo for flame! The flashers make the battlefield seem much more active.

    ReplyDelete