Friday, November 5, 2010

Painting With the Kids

Harlequin Nightlings



Back before Fall-In!, I painted a little with the kids again. We haven't done it in a while and it was nice to get back into it. We've been painting up a bunch of old Harlequin Nightlings I got on closeout somewhere along the ages. We've painted 27 foot and 4 mounted now, and they really look great. I need to run a game with them for the kids. We choose a painting style really great for inexperienced painters (what I've dubbed the Velas technique after the Velas brothers who used it to great effect as a speed painting technique)-- I prime white, then the kids stain paint with thinned paint. I go back and wash the figures with Games Workshop's Devlin Mud (an easier to clean, non-toxic version of the Miracle Dip) and then flock the bases. I've seen worse looking figures at conventions! I'd be proud to run a game with the figures my kids have painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment