Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The kids are painting well






I've been painting a fair bit with the kids lately. Here is a bunch of long out-of-print Harlequin Nightlings we've been painting. Once they're done, it's hard for me to tell which ones I've painted and which they have. As I've mentioned, we've used what I call the Velas Technique: stain painting over white primer, followed by a dip. It's very forgiving to beginning painters, and the GW Devlin Mud wash makes a non-toxic, water clean up dip that even the kids can apply. We still have several Nightlings to paint, although right now my son and I are painting Primaeval Designs Woolly Mammoths and Neanderthals. He's very much into prehistory, which is largely why I purchased them, and has repeatedly begged to paint for free, but I force him to take wages! "Son, if somebody offers you money to do something you really want to do, you say YES!"

Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings Harlequin Nightlings

1 comment:

  1. No truer advice has a father ever passed on to his son...

    Those definitely look very nice. I rerally like the cavalry - very Wizards-esque

    ReplyDelete