Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trounced by Children, part deux






Huh. This is starting to become a habit! I ran a 1,500 point game of Flames of War with my son. I'm still a little rusty on the rules, so I will use that as my excuse, because I was routed handily again! This, despite me giving him the Americans that I had lost with last time. I forgot the scenario name, but either of us could win the game by starting a turn occupying one of our objectives on the other half of the board. Junior here got his Shermans on the road, and with great audacity, drove them halfway across the table in front of two platoons of Panzergrenadiers that did not have their Panzerfausts set up yet. He then ducked into the woods where he had placed his objective before I could turn my sIG 33 battery on him. While my Panzer IVs were blazing away futilely with their machine guns and ducking fire from four or five bazooka teams (which, coincidentally, can move and fire-- how fair is that?), his Shermans promptly machine gunned and assaulted my company command. I threw a few Sd Kfzs 251/1s at him to try and stay in the game for another turn, yet all was lost in the end.

Flames of War Flames of War Flames of War Flames of War Flames of War Flames of War Flames of War

1 comment:

  1. Dude,

    You may have gotten beat again, but how awesome is that photo of Sam with the icon of minis gamerdom - the tape measure...

    Brian

    ReplyDelete