Thursday, August 9, 2007

Holding Myself Accountable

In an effort to keep myself more consistently productive and to channel that productivity towards specific goals (which is my real problem), I've decided to keep track of everything I've finished as well as commit to future dates when specific projects will be finished. You can follow along in the right hand column here towards the bottom, under the links. My real goal is to have a new project once a quarter. My definition of "project" is fairly liberal, pretty much a new scenario I can run that requires some creative effort on my part. Examples would be maybe a small scenario in a new scale/genre, or something which expands things I already have.


Initially, I'm being a little aggressive, with two projects in two months. The first is to run a double-blind Stargrunt 2 game. I have been threatening and threatening to do this for at least a year, maybe longer, so now I'm just going to knuckle down and get it done. Fortunately, I don't have an extreme amount of work to do to get it done. My buddy Mik has one of the forces, and I'm nearly done painting the other. I will need to create some new hill and trees which match items I currently have, and I want to make some buildings for it. I should be able to get it done by the end of August.
The second project would be woodland Indian skirmishes. This is currently somewhat tentative. I bought the 40mm Sash and Saber FIW packs at Historicon, and gave ten to Mik for his birthday. This would let us start painting them and getting them on the table. I have some rules in mind, but I haven't received them yet, so this might still change.

No comments:

Post a Comment