Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hirst Arts Starship Molds


I got the casts of the Hirst Arts Starship molds I ordered from Castle Kits. They're pretty nice, there's a lot you can do with them. You can see me dry-fitting together a little corridor section to try them out.






The doors are too small, only 1" wide, for a lot of my figures, but other than that I don't have much of a complaint with them. If I bought the molds, you would have to cast A LOT. If you look at the wall mold, you're only getting a single wall section per cast-- two if you're not picky and don't mind a window into nothing on one side. That's a lot of casting, yes sirree. I'd probably make my own mold of just wall sections. I seem to recall Bruce encouraging that on his site at one point, but I don't see a link right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment