Thursday, September 4, 2003

It Just Doesn't Pay Sometimes

I'm currently painting 15mm Battle Honors Napoleonic Austrians. I'm working hard to make them nice. I snipped off the cast standard and replaced it with brass wire. I resculpted the bearer's hands and finial. I lovingly painted the miniature. I rescaled the appropriate standard from Napflags, printed it out and attached in, waving in the breeze in an energetic manner. I gloss urathaned the miniature to protect it, then a coat of Dullcote for sheen. Then, yes, I see that I've mounted the firkin' flag upside down. I think I'm just going to leave it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, just curious. What kind of paper do you use to print off the flags from Napflags? Any specifics like name brand, paper weight, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing special, just whatever dot-matrix paper my wife bought (Xerox Premium Multi-Purpose, it appears). Covered in regular Elmer's glue on the inside, nothing on the outside. Ends up pretty stiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the same-- mounting a flag upsidedown.
    Heartbreaking. That's what it is. Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete